clouds in my coffee

Sunday, July 22, 2007

She waits on the edges of the mattress


I've heard a couple of songs from Low before but this is the first time I'm listening to the whole album and I've been so fascinated by it.

The music is bleak and fragmented, sometimes almost discordant, with completely different sounds from the left and right channel. And yet it's crafted so well, luring you, slowly and somberly. Every beat, every synthesized sound, every melodic line, is both deliberate and delicate.

It's the perfect music for me at this point of time, right now. A distraction from brooding. I need to get out of this funk, too much time is not always good. Waiting for nothing is just as bad as feeling inadequate.

So she waits on the edges of the mattress
What it takes to get a bad mess out of a bad dress

When she sings it's like a blue dove on a whipping post
When she speaks she thanks the good lord for the holy ghost


Take your time sweet thing

Take your time

Take your time sweet thing

Take your time




Low | Take Your Time



It's getting increasingly harder to stream the song I want, I guess I'll just have to make do with another song from the album, which is just as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home