clouds in my coffee

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Trying my best not to forget

I always try my best to remember everything. Names, faces, occasions, songs, memories. I write them down, play them back in my mind, even dream of them.

And I can't let go.

But should I try to forget? Maybe there are some meds I could take to make the memories fade, and the feelings numb. But will I still be the same?

I was alone
Falling free
Trying my best not to forget
What happened to us
What happened to me
What happened as I let it slip

I was confused
By the powers that be

Forgetting names and faces
Passersby
Were looking at me

As if they could erase it

Baby did you forget to take your meds?

I was alone
Staring over the ledge
Trying my best not to forget
All manner of joy
All manner of glee
And our one heroic pledge

How it mattered to us
How it mattered to me
And the consequences
I was confused
By the birds and the bees
Forgetting if I meant it

And the sex and the drugs and the complications



Placebo | Meds (video)




I don't have this song actually, but I really liked the video. The streamed video is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home