clouds in my coffee

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Numb is the new high

I have the Emily Haines album! *grin* *grin* *grin* and it's gorgeous! You can't tell from the pictures, but the album is packaged as a little gold book, with some translucent pages just like tracing paper! And everything's so pretty and delicate and lovely *smile* thank you so much!

It's so difficult for me to choose a favourite song from the album, and I don't want to, actually. All the songs are so brilliantly written and composed; the lyrics and melodies are just so unique! *gush* These are just some of them.

Our Hell

What I thought was in is missing out
What I thought it was it isn’t now
There’s a pattern in the system
There’s a bullet in the gun
That’s why I tried to save you
But it can’t be done


Crowd Surf Off A Cliff

Cursed with a love that you can't express
It's not for a fuck, or a kiss
Rather give the world away than wake up lonely
Everywhere in every way I see you with me

Crowd surf off a cliff
Land out on the ice
Crowd surf off to sea
Float towards the beach

If you find me, hide me, I don't know where I've been
When you phone me tell me everything I did
If I'm sorry you lost me you'd better make it quick
Cause this call costs a fortune and it's late where you live
It's late where you live


Detective Daughter

She was calling around to find half an hour
She walked right into my mirror
Said she’s here to waste time
I said, “That’s fine.”

Love is hell, hell is love
Hell is asking to be loved

She’s still calling around to find half an hour
She’ll always have a place in my mirror
She’s got no more time, now she wants mine
But I’m all out too


The Lottery

If that’s a crime let’s commit it
There’s a new crime, sexual suicide

Will we always be like little kids
Running group to group asking who loves me?
Don’t know who loves me!
It’s pathetic. It’s impossible
Like girls in stilettos trying to run


The Maid Need A Maid

I would love to pay for you,
you could be a good wife to me.
I would love to pay for you,
you are the maid for me.


Nothing And Nowhere

Playgrounds are graveyards
And all of our scars are permanent
Permanent

There’s no replacement for places
I’ll always love you, you’re mine
Numb is the new high
All memories die out till nothing and nowhere is golden


Hmmm..I think I got a bit carried away *laugh* did I mention how much I love emily haines? *grin*



Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton | Crowd Surf Off A Cliff

This version is different from the one on the album, but it's nice too. In fact, it's possibly nicer, though I don't know where it's from.


2 Comments:

  • At January 22, 2007 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh gosh! I was just listening to her last night before I read your post. Unfortunately I forgot which song it was but yayyy I like her too. *hugs*

     
  • At January 22, 2007 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    argh now I remember... it was the lottery! and it was the line: sexual suicide that caught my mind's eye {:

     

Post a Comment

<< Home