clouds in my coffee

Sunday, January 21, 2007

So mannequin

I was given this album second hand because it was deemed too depressing. In a way, the songs ARE very depressing. But, if you don't listen to the words too carefully, their music is actually rather soothing. And the lyrics are clever, even if they are sad.

Today I woke up and thought how much I love the sun
And if you go I'll be so sad
If you fly to another planet
Where things are same

Then it came to me the other day
It was so unreal, so mannequin
And they're right, the body's just a shell
If you stare hard enough you'll notice

Then it came to me
From another place
And I buried it
I buried it
Sun

With my family medical history, growing old is already kind of scary. This song, coupled with what's been happening recently, only makes it worse. My grandpa believes that quality of life is important to my grandma, and after being married to her for over 50 years, I'm sure he would know best. And I will support him.

Why do I keep forgetting my name
Maybe it's something I ate
What is this terrible thing coming over me?

Alzheimers

What was that terrible thing I ate
It tasted like ivory soap
Why are my shoes in the refrigerator?

Why do I keep forgetting your name
Maybe I never liked you anyway
What is this terrible thing attached to my neck?

"The time seems to run a little differently..ermm..how old were we when we sort of got into ermm..light..not lighthood, ermm..medium sized age?"

"Well, I guess I'm a medium sized age, 'coz I'm 45."

"You're 45.."

"That's medium."

"Ya, and I must be near 50 then."

"Older than that."

"Is it really? 50 something then. 60?

"You know how old you are? 84."

"I'm 84? I've never thought of that Debbie, I haven't thought of my age in years!"

Alzheimers



Joy Zipper | Out Of The Sun

Joy Zipper | Alzheimers

Some of their songs are streamed on their myspace site, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home