clouds in my coffee

Monday, December 11, 2006

Are you my lady, are you?

Having an albino python draped across my shoulders once again, brings back memories of the time I spent volunteering in the zoo.

I really wanted to be a zookeeper back then. Working with animals, rather than people, is just so much...better.

But I couldn't bear to kill the mouse to feed the snake. Even though I really like snakes, as well as most other animals. If only they were vegetarian, like giraffes.

Or at least just enjoy eating vegetables, like my cat.

You're tall just like a giraffe
You have to climb to find its head
But if there's a glitch
You're an ostrich
You've got your head in the sand

In a submersible I can hardly breathe
As it takes me inside, so the light sings
Answer me truthfully, do the clouds kiss you?
With meringue-coloured hair, I know they cannot

So are you my lady, are you?



Mew | The Zookeeper's Boy

Can't stream this song again so here's their myspace site. You can listen to more of their songs there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home