clouds in my coffee

Friday, December 01, 2006

My heart's aflame, my body's strained

Now that christmas is approaching, I think it's a bit late for a halloween-ish post! But I'm just so fascinated by songs that refer to creatures of the night! Here are a few:

Sufjan Stevens has the most amazing song titles! And I love the letter-by-letter spelling of I-L-L-I-N-O-I-S! *grin*

We are awaken with the axe
Night of the Living Dead at last
They have begun to shake the dirt
Wiping their shoulders from the earth

I know, I know the nations past
I know, I know they rust at last
They tremble with the nervous thought
Of having been, at last, forgot

Speaking their names, they shake the flag
Waking the earth, it lifts and lags
We see a thousand rooms to rest
Helping us taste the bite of death

I know, I know my time has passed
I'm not so young, I'm not so fast
I tremble with the nervous thought
Of having been, at last, forgot



Sufjan Stevens | They are Night Zombies!! They are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhhh!




TV On the Radio makes being a werewolf sound so romantic. Dangerously romantic.

Say say my playmate
Won't you lay hands on me
Mirror my malady
Transfer my tragedy

Got a curse I cannot lift
Shines when the sunset shifts
When the moon is round and full
Gotta bust that box, gotta gut that fish

My mind's aflame

We could jet in a stolen car
But I bet we wouldn't get too far
Before the transformation takes
And bloodlust tanks and crave gets slaked

Got a curse we cannot lift
Shines when the sunset shifts
There's a curse comes with a kiss
The bite that binds the gift that gives

Now that we got gone for good
Writhing under your riding hood
Tell your grandma and your mama too
It's true, true, true

We're howling forever



TV On The Radio | Wolf Like Me




I don't really think this is a song about zombies, but I like it all the same *laugh*

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying



The Cranberries | Zombie



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home