clouds in my coffee

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bring us a dream

I haven't been sleeping much, but I have been having a lot of strange dreams. Sometimes they're happy dreams and I wake up with a silly grin on my face. Other times I wish I didn't dream. And then there are the mundane dreams where I just repeat everything that happened that day, or even the next day, in a strangly predictive way. They tire me though, living the whole day all over again. But at least I haven't been sleepwalking again.

So here are some sandman songs, and they couldn't be more different! *grin* This is my favourite one, by America:

Funny I've been there
And you've been here
We ain't have no time to drink that beer

'Cause I understand you've been running from the man
That goes by the name of the sandman
He flies the sky like an eagle in the eye
Of a hurricane that's abandoned



America | Sandman




This next one I got from Daryl; I never knew Metalllica and the San Francisco Symphony could sound so good together. Thanks bro!

Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of Snow White

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
Dreams of dragons' fire
And of things that will bite

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Off to never never land



Metallica | Enter Sandman




This last one I got from Shaocong's Stubbs The Zombie soundtrack. I love this cd, with their specially comissioned covers of 50's era songs! Everything seemed so simple then, and even their mournful songs sound happy *laugh*

Mister sandman, bring me a dream
Make her the cutest that I've ever seen
Give her two lips like roses and clover
Then tell her that her lonesome nights are over

Sandman, I'm so alone
Don't have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mister sandman, bring me a dream



Oranger | Mr. Sandman



That's it! Gosh, this post took much longer than anticipated. Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home