clouds in my coffee

Saturday, November 18, 2006

There are powerlines in our bloodlines

During times like now, when I'm so busy with assignments, projects, presentations, resume-writing and the coming exams, I somehow, inadvertently miss playing with my old band. It was stressful at times, finding the time to learn new songs, to practice or even just to meet up and jam; But oh-so-satisfying when it all came together on stage.

We've stopped playing together for some time already. But recently, our lead singer is considering performing again. I can't wait to hear him sing once more! *smile* Check out our past songs here. These songs were recordered before I joined though, so they weren't any keyboard parts yet.

One of the covers we did then was The Engine Driver by The Decemberist. It had an offbeat rhythm which I liked, even though it required a bit of work.

Here's the original, a wonderfully lovelorn song:

I'm a money lender
I have fortunes, upon fortunes
Take my hand for tender
I am tortured, ever tortured

And if you don't love me, let me go

And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages, upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones



The Decemberist | The Engine Driver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home